Monday 10 February 2014

D2- Advanced Major – Pinocchio


 
When we were first told that we would be designing for Pinocchio at the beginning of the year I was really excited to do it but when it came to actually do it I realised how much I don’t like the style of panto, it’s too cheesy and bright and fake for me and I found it a challenge creatively to create something that I would actually like. Because I didn’t really enjoy the experience I was having I decided to turn it into more of a model making challenge and try to work on my model making which I really enjoyed maybe a little bit too much enjoyment as I took about a week making a gypsy caravan with exterior and interior detail, which was probably an unnecessary process creating the interior but I enjoyed it and I feel I learned a few model making tips! One thing that I really am grateful for during this project was that I managed to learn how to solder which I used to make my caravan wheels, I think this is something that will really come in handy for model making a lot so I am glad I learned it now! I feel like I don’t actually have too much to say about the project as I didn’t feel like I learned much other than stuff to do with building my caravan and the fact I realised pantomime really wasn’t my thing!

Below is a photo of my caravan at its white card state but without wheels.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment