Thursday 9 May 2013

D1- Good Self Bad Self and Heaven and Hell

This was a task that I thought sounded really interesting to do as it was a step out from designing for a stage set, it was still a design but we had to look close into thing. It was really great to get a task, which personally, I felt, allowed you to be more creative. You didn't have to resrictions in terms of money or space that you would have to stick too if you were designing a set. what I did find amazing was that once I had finished and created my model without its restirctions, I imagined it if it were on a stage and what I would have to do to make it work on a stage. This made me realise that if you think out of the box to begin with and then pull it back in order for it to fit into its restrictions, it might end up more creative and more interesting to look at. I loved foing this task because I had a personal connection with what I was creating, and I loved that feeling of looking into ones self and creating an idea of you. From this task, I was introduced to a modelling material called Super Sculpey which is a bit like Fimo, but in my opinion better, it's smoother, and so easy to work with; only flaw with it is you can't buy it in shops, only online. I've definately been influenced to make more models from super sculpey and I started making a wee old man who will be about 15cm tall which I cannot wait to make!

Below are my good self and bad self 1:25 scale models.


Below are some images of my heaven and hell project.

 
I have also included a picture of the old man's head that I am making from Super Sculpey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment