Thursday 9 May 2013

D1- what makes good design? what makes great design?

I don't know what to say about this week other than it was a journey. Looking at this task I thought, okay so I have to figure out what good design is, but then was makes great design. Not going to lie, I thought this would be an easy task so i sat and watched 90210 for most of the first day. Second day came and I started looking closer into things and thought that I had cracked it! I know what great design is, knew this would be simple! About an hour later all of that was chucked out the window, back to the beginning again! All of the designers thought we would go out and see the city and try and get some inspiration by looking at Glasgow's architecture. So we went to the lighthouse in Glasgow city centre and looked at Charles Renee Mackintosh's work and also looked across the ciyy of Glasgow at all its landscaped. Must say I was quite blown away and I was definately influence. Getting back into Uni I decided I didn't know what great design is, and I probably never will. Great design, or design in general, is opinionated, comeone might love something and someone might hate it, all because of different tastes, so can you truly have a great design that everyone in the world loves? My answer would be no. What I ended up doing for this project was descriving what I thought could make a great design if everything came together. So I showed images of good designs, which were all good for different reasons, whther it be environmentally friendly, or aesthetically pleasing, to give the impression of what I think, collectively would make a great design.


No comments:

Post a Comment