Wednesday 1 May 2013

ICP Presentation from Glas[s] Performance



Our second presentation was from a company called Glas[s] performance who are a company who work in Glasgow who also have a second company called Junction 25 which work with young people in collaboration with The Tramway in Glasgow. They came and spoke about their work that they have done in the past and their future productions. I have also linked in their website which indludes all their work, past and present at the bottom of this entry. I feel as though I don’t have much to blog about in terms of these presentations that we are being given, I can give you what they do as a company and such but I feel like that is all. I do know that from this presentation it has inspired me to look into more than just a design field in theatre. A few years ago I had wanted to start a small theatre company, I love putting on a show, I love the whole process of it, and I would love the feeling of being able to say, you organised this, you started it, so producing has had a lot of love to me, but I’ve never had the chance to experience it, and from this presentation it encouraged me to maybe look further into this and see what I can do. I do love designing and I know the role of a producer is not as much of a create role as a designer but I would love to be able to do both, I think it would be brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment